Sunday, November 8, 2009

Work in progress.

This blog is an effort to show my passion for collecting "Mormon" books and ephemera. I have been collecting for more than 20 years. The unfortunate thing is that the everyday business of life sometimes gets in the way of my hobby. I have contemplated for the past couple of years about starting a blog. I know that there are many out there that are far more knowledgeable than I when it comes to books and collecting. I have tried to learn as much as possible thru the years, and by drawing on the experience of others. There are two people in particular that I would like to mention as they have been a great help to me. The first is Bret Eborn with whom I have traded, sold and bought numerous books. He has a passion for books that is contageous. His knowledge of LDS Church history and of books past and present is unbelievable. The other, is friend and fellow collector Russ Rasband. Russ has helped in ways too many to mention. He has helped me to find books that I have been looking for as well as helped to understand fair values and what to expect from selling and buying. I wish that I had more time and resources to devote to my hobby of collecting books. I hope that by starting this blog, others may learn from my experiences and in return I hope that I can benefit from the knowledge and experience of others. I am open and welcome comments and suggestions for topics to feature here. I will feature "latest finds" and purchases as well as tidbits from news and Church history. Please be patient as I am always learning and this blog is far from perfect.

No comments: